Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scarves & Art

Two walls down. two more to go!  Jackie Ellens is starting on our sunset piece for over the mantle this week so we should be able to add that to the room soon. I can't wait to see it! We have one bare wall left in the living room and one in the entryway. Click here for pics of the rest of the living room.




 I want something fun and different for the wall in the living room and something more traditional in the entryway. I've decided that I want some type of printed scarf to frame for art on the living room wall. At first, I was dead set on finding an affordable Hermes scarf after seeing them framed and used as art. 

 This pic is from one of my fav blogs Fifi Cheek. Check her out!



 I searched Etsy and eBay for a while and found several scarves that I liked and was very surprised how reasonably priced some of them were. I printed some of them out and taped them to the wall like I did the Gray Malin photo's but they just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the room. I think they were a little too formal for the space. The next scarf designer that came to mind was Emilio Pucci. After looking online today, I've learned that Pucci scarves cost much less than Hermes. No shocker there. Along with being cheaper, I think their designs are more fun, relaxed and fit the room much better. Here are a couple that I'm considering now.


This is my fav and I might have already bought it on eBay :) I'm way too impulsive & competitive when it comes to auctions. I want to win! If I hate I can just resell it. 


1 comment:

  1. When I was scrolling down reading this post and saw the last scarf I said, "TOM HACKEL!" Has Daddy seen this? I'm sure he'd approve. It would also fit right in at the beach house going up the stairs.
    I LOVE it a WHOLE lot.
    Donovan frequently talks about the framed Donovan poster there.

    ReplyDelete