Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mad Men Obsessed


I love everything about Mad Men. The show is moving well on into the 1960's now and I am obsessed. I love the clothing, decor, jewelry, and especially Don Draper.

I'm not one to lust over guys but he is SO fine. Kind of not a good person on the show but SO fine.  



Some of my fav Betty Draper looks

I think that I would have enjoyed living in this era except for the whole "man controlling my life" thing. Other than that I would have fit right in! I wouldn't say that I have a set style when it comes to clothing. But the shapes and fit of "retro dresses" tend to look better on me than more modern cuts. Piperlime is one of my go-to sites when I'm in need of an outfit. Here is one Mad Men inspired outfit that I put together from Piperlime that I would die to add to my closet! I think adding a nude pump would made this a perfect Easter outfit.  
Welcome to Polyvore!
Dress-Trina Turk, Earrings-Sabine, Bracelet-Tinley Road, Shoes-Steve Madden

These vintage glasses from Etsy are so "Don Draper having a cocktail in the middle of the day in his office". They would be the perfect addition to any bar cart. 


Here we go! Yes, please! Vintage 1960's earrings from eBay. Just a tad bit over my budget. 


Here is a slightly more affordable retro earring from Baublebar. Adding them to my wishlist right now.


You could pair either of them with this Milly dress for a modernized Mad Men look. 


I can't wait to see how this season of Mad Men unfolds. Until then, I'm off to channel my inner Betty Draper. But a nicer, sweeter version that Don will like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment