Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drapes Dilemma

We have owned our house for two years now. After extensive remodeling, we are finally getting to the finishing touches and smaller design details. I have recently offered to host a bridal shower at our home in June. I think that it was definitely a good idea to give myself that deadline. I frequently get discouraged and put off finishing our house because most everything that I like or choose is WAY out of our price range. I don't want to waste money on something that I'm not absolutely dying over. The latest overpriced thing I fell in love with is Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis fabric in Treillage and Ivory.

Images via

I originally wanted this design for the wallpaper in our dining room but that price quote was so insane. I ended up going with a much more reasonable Candice Olsen metallic seagrass wallpaper. It was probably the right decision in the first place because who knows how long I will be obsessed with such a graphic print.


I asked my interior design ladies for a quote for our dining room drapes in Imperial Trellis. It was almost $5,000 for one small window. I love you Imperial Trellis. I love you Kelly Wearstler. But that is ridiculous. This is not our forever dream home. Therefore, I will not be able to take these drapes with us if we move. Drapes that you can't re-use and cost as much as a new Chanel handbag? Even I can't justify that. No matter how obsessed I may be.

So I decided to stick with the green theme and head back to drawing board!  Here are a few options that I'm considering now. Thoughts? Kinda leaning towards the solid silk swatch. (I could not get this pic to rotate, sorry! Please feel free to comment if you know how to help me rotate it!)







Please feel free to leave your opinion on what fabric we should choose in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment