Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday's Must Have


Smell Good Stuff

We are dog people. I've always loved animals and have had several dogs in my lifetime. But I never thought that I would become one of those crazy dog people. The people who post pics of their pups on Facebook all the time or pull out their phones to show friends pics of them. But I am. I got Gus right before Cam moved away. I lived alone in Oxford for two more years after that. Needless to say, Gus and I are very close. He has made the ten hour drive to my parent's house every time I've gone since I got him, flown with me, and has been put into a bag and sneaked into many, many hotels. Gus can read me better than Cameron can. It is not unusual for our friends to ask us how Gus is doing. He is just the best dog ever. He's like a person. I sound so crazy right now.

Baby Gus
Look at that face

After having Gus for almost four years, I finally persuaded Cam to get another pup. I love our little Rosie but Cam is obsessed.



So now, not only are we crazy dog people, we are also crazy Cavalier King Charles Spaniel people. It's like a cult of something. While they are cute and precious pups, dogs smell. There is just no getting around it. I'm very serious about keeping our house from smelling like a crazy dog person's house. There is one product that I have relied on for a while now.


Archipelago Room Diffusers are AMAZING. They are completely worth the money because they literally last for years. I gave my mother-in-law the lavender diffuser for Christmas in 2009 and it's still working! The scent's aren't too strong or "in your face" but you can definitely smell them when you enter the room. I have the arugula scent in our living room and peony in our bathroom. If you want the scent to be a little bit stronger to freshen up your room, just flip the little sticks around. I think they would make great hostess gifts!


My new favorite product is Downy Unstopables In-Wash Scent Booster. You just pour a little bit into the washing machine along with your detergent. Easy peasy. The fresh and clean scent lasts for a surprisingly long time. Especially with our sheets because Gus tends to sneak into our bed during the day and if we leave it for a second at night. He will take your spot for sure. I buy it in bulk from Sam's and now use it for everything I wash. Here's a coupon for it. Click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment