Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Recharged

This past weekend the Hubs and I traveled to Birmingham to stay at the Ross Bridge Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. We had a free nights stay because of our Marriott Rewards Program. I strongly recommend signing up for a hotel rewards program. It's a no-brainer. Especially if you travel as much as we do.


 It was only a three and a half hour drive from Jackson but just far away enough to feel like a vacation. Since getting married, it has become very important and at times, necessary that we get out of town and away from distractions so that we can just focus on each other. It is a time to remember why I fell in love with this person and kind of a time to recharge our batteries.

We started off the weekend with massages Friday afternoon as soon as we arrived. Perfection. This is definitely going to be a new tradition for us. If you purchase a spa service, you are also welcome to use the other spa amenities such as the whirlpool spa or the steam room. I'm not one for the steam room because of my hair. I come out looking like Bob Ross or Richard Simmons. Not cute. So I opted for the whirlpool.


Also, this is an Aveda Spa so there are huge bottles of their rosemary mint lotions, shampoos, conditioners, and scrubs that are also free for spa guests to use. Fabulous!!


After our afternoon at the spa, the last thing I wanted to do was get dressed up and go to dinner. Lazy, I know. So we ordered a ton of room service and ate and watched TV. Simple happiness. 


Saturday was spent laying by the pool and eating some very healthy food. HA! 

We went to dinner Saturday night at the hotel restaurant Brock's. The service was great but definitely make a reservation. I highly recommend taking your time with this restaurant. We started with the four cheese flat bread and devoured it. Then we ordered the best thing I ate all weekend, the antipasti tray. It was so fun to pick and choose what we wanted on the antipasti tray from their large list of options. I love options! I won't bore you with the rest of the meal, but everything was delicious and we ate EVERYTHING. 

Gorgeous entry to the hotel. Loved the flower arrangements. 

I love these getaway weekends and end up never wanting to leave. Ross Bridge was the perfect weekend and I left feeling rested, recharged, and ready to take on anything that comes my way back in Jackson. 






No comments:

Post a Comment