Thursday, October 18, 2012

Easy Roast in a Crock Pot

This week was just one of those weeks where I didn't feel like going to the grocery store.
So I decided to clean out my freezer and refrigerator and to see what I could come up with.

I found a frozen round roast, potatoes, and carrots. BOOM. Roast in a crock pot!

I messaged my mom to get her recipe.
It's one of my favorite comfort foods and the perfect meal to come home to after months of traveling. 


Here's what you need:
Flour
Some kind of roast.(I used a round roast)
Canola Oil
Russet potatoes
Baby carrots
Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
Salt 
Pepper



1. Flour, salt, and pepper the rub on all sides. 


2. Heat two tablespoons of Canola oil in a skillet. Brown the roast on all sides.
 


3. Place the roast into the crock pot. Cover in water and add Lipton's Onion Soup mix.


Cook on high for 4-6 hours. 


4. A few hours before it's ready, add cubed Russet potatoes and baby carrots.



I serve my roast over rice and it is yummy!

This particular time, my roast didn't have a ton of seasoning.

Next time, I will add more spices to the flour, salt, and pepper mixture. I will also add two packets of Onion Soup mix instead one.

Bon appetit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment