No, this post is not about Little Caesar's pizza. Our air conditioner is slowly dying so that is how I feel: hot & ready for the repairman to get here and fix it. Gus and Rosie agree. They keep panting and staring at me like "hello! we are panting. do something!"
They aren't used to being hot. Poor babies. But anyways! Today's post is going to be short and sweet because I am running away to find a place with a nice A/C.
Last week, we had our good friends over after a crawfish party. I wanted to have something for them to eat but had no clue what the proper type of food to serve post crawfish party is. I'm from Georgia so we don't have crawfish unless they are flown to us. I talked to my mom and she suggested something sweet, like Chocolate Delight. So I got on Pinterest and found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight. This dessert was quick and easy to make except that it needs to set up in a refrigerator for a while. But it was light and sweet and made the perfect post crawdad meal.
Here's what you need:
1 Tube of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 Package of softened Cream Cheese
1 Cup of Confectioners' Sugar
12 Ounces of Whipped Topping
3 Cups of of Cold 2% Milk
1 Package of Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 Package of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
Chopped nuts - optional
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take the cookie dough and cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let them soften. I opened my cookie dough and squeezed it into an ungreased, 7x11 casserole dish to let it soften.
3. Once the cookie dough is soft, press into the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread the dough out into a crust with your fingers.
4. Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes and let it cool in the dish on wire rack.
5. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until they're smooth and combined.
6. Add 1 3/4 cup or 12 ounces of whipped topping to the bowl. Fold the whipped topping in until its smooth.
7. Spread half of the cream cheese-whipped topping mixture onto the cookie crust that is now cool.
8. In a large, clean bowl combine the milk and two pudding mixes and whisk for 2 minutes.
9. Let it set up for a few minutes after whisking.
10. Spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
11. Top the pudding layer with the rest of the cream cheese-whipped topping mixture. Feel free to add chopped nuts of chocolate swirls to the finished dish.
I had to do half & half so that Cameron would eat it.
Simple, easy, and yummy!
My kind of recipe.