Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jerk Pork Tenderloin and Sides

This is one of the first meals that I ever learned how to make. It's a favorite of mine from my Mom's repertoire. I started making it in college. The loaded potatoes may or may not be the reason that I was engaged before my graduation. That...and I think Cameron was tired of me playing Single Ladies by Beyonce. 

Here's what you need for the Pork Tenderloins:

2 Pork Tenderloins, trimmed of fat
Walkerswood Jamaican Jerk Marinade

1. Place the two trimmed pork tenderloins into a ziploc bag. Cover them in the marinade. Let it set for as long as you want. I usually let mine marinade for a few hours. 


2. Bake on an aluminum foil lined, rimmed baking sheet on 350 for about 30-40 minutes. 


3. Once the meat is finished cooking, take it out of the oven and tent it with aluminum foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.


For the Dipping Sauce:

Mayo
Apricot Preserves
Ground Ginger


1. Add a large spoonful of mayonnaise into a bowl. Use a smaller spoon and add a little of the apricot preserves. Cover the mayo and preserves in ground ginger. Mix together. Keep adding and tasting until you like the flavor. It's meant to be a little sweet to tone down the Jerk marinade. Keep it in the refrigerator until you need it.


For the Loaded Potatoes: 
Potatoes (I usually make extra because these are always a hit!)
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bacon Bits
Butter
Salt & Pepper


1. Wash and dry each potato and then poke a few holes into them with a fork. Cook them in a 400 degree oven for one hour.



2. Using an oven mit, take each potato out of the oven and place them onto a baking sheet to cool. Slice them into halves. I use my oven mit to hold the potatoes the entire time because I am too impatient to let them cool. 


See the steam?

3. Use the mit to hold one half and scoop the potato into a large bowl. Repeat this on all of the halves.

4. Add a large dollop of sour cream, a handful of shredded cheddar cheese, and a half a handful of bacon bits. Stir until combined. You may need to add a little more of everything to get it how you want. I usually put a good bit of sour cream in it to make it light and creamy. My mouth is watering as I type this.


5. I throw in a little butter just to add some fun. 


Once the filling is ready, head back over to the cookie sheet with the empty potato halves. 


6. Use a spoon to fill the potatoes with the filling. Start with a little in each one. You don't want to run out and have a sad, empty potato skin. You can always add more if you need to!


7. Top the filled potatoes with more cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Put them back into the oven on 350 until they heated through and the cheese has melted. You may want to stick your finger into one to feel the temperature. They can burn you, so you decide if you WANT to stick your finger into the potato!


Potatoes, cheese, bacon....there are a few of my favorite things...


Here's what you need for the Pasta Salad:

Any kind of pasta
Mayo
Sesame Oil
Celery
Green Onion
Salt & Pepper
Sesame Seeds - optional


1. Begin by boiling a pot of water and cooking your pasta. Once it's ready, drain it and set aside.

2. Chop a stalk of celery and a few pieces of green onion. The amounts depends on how much texture you want in your pasta salad. It's like adding relish to tuna fish, it's all about your personal preference.


3. Place your drained pasta into a bowl. Add a spoonful of mayo, a little sesame oil, salt and pepper.


4. Add the chopped celery and green onion. Top with sesame seeds. 


And you're done!

I like to slice my pork tenderloin thinly and plate like so.
The pork and dipping sauce also make a delicious sandwich! I have been know to even dip potato chips into this sauce.



This may not be the healthiest meal in the world. But it will show your boyfriend potential husband that you know your way around a kitchen. 

If you watch Duck Dynasty, you know the importance of being a good cook.

"Well, we will just live off love. Not really...you'll both starve to death."

(watch this until this end, trust me.)


Love you Phil!!

I really want to hang out with the Roberston's. Wouldn't that be a great blog post?

"A day in the life of Korie Robertson..."

Call me Robertsons!





No comments:

Post a Comment