Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Easy Patty Melt

I am the absolute worst at being able to look into my refrigerator or pantry and come up with a meal.
I usually end up wanting to go out to eat.

Last week, I had the same problem. I hadn't planned dinner and Cam was going to be home soon.

I stumbled upon this Pioneer Woman recipe and was saved!

The patty melts (or Susie melts as Cam now calls them) were delicious and so filling!

Here's what you need:
1 stick of butter
1 onion
1 1/2 lb of ground beef
Salt
Pepper
5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
8 slices of Swiss cheese
8 slices of Rye bread

*I halved the portions of onion, ground beef, cheese, and bread because I was only making two patty melts.
*I used wheat bread. 


1. Slice however much onion you prefer for your melt.
2. Add two tablespoons of butter to a skillet and toss in the onions.
Cook slowly for 20-25 mins. Stirring occasionally.


3. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Then form them into 2 patties. 


4. In another skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter and cook the patties until they are cooked to your liking. (Make sure they are cooked through of course)
*Try to only flip them once.


5. In another skillet, (I used my cast iron skillet or you can use a griddle) melt two tablespoons of butter and add a piece of the bread. Push the bread around the skillet to "sop" up some of the butter.


6. Once the bread has begun to brown, add a slice of the Swiss cheese.


7. By now, your burgers and onions should be ready to start assembling the patty melt.


Top the burgers with however much onion your prefer.


8. Take the patty topped with onions and place it on top of the bread and slice of Swiss cheese that were cooking in another skillet.


9. Add another slice of Swiss Cheese.


10. Top with another piece of wheat bread.

11. Take the sandwich out of the skillet and melt two more tablespoons of butter.
12. Toast the bread, melt the cheese, and make sure your patty is still warm. Flip the sandwich and brown the other side. You can add more butter here if you want to but I didn't feel the need. 


And you're done!
 Plate, slice, and eat!

The patty melts were SO good and SO filling!

Quick, easy, and made from ingredients already in my pantry and refrigerator.

Doesn't get much easier than that.



Again, I apologize for the quality of the pics. I will have my camera back in two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment