Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday's Must Have

Game of Thrones Season 1

I can't believe that I like this show. It's so not me. Swords, dragons, and tons of violence are not usually my thing. But this is show is so awesome. The first episode of season 1 is really intense and really weird. But keep watching! Make yourself. It's worth it. You think that the story is headed in one direction and then they go and do something insane and unthinkable. I'm left staring at the screen saying "WHAT?!?! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT. I'M NEVER WATCHING THIS SHOW AGAIN!" But I just can't stay away.
Buy it here!
Great Father's Day gift!

I especially love the cast. They are all relatively unknown actors but they're fab. Of course my favorite is the evil queen, Cersei. Love an evil queen. It would be my favorite role to play if I was an actress.



She definitely has the condescending, judgmental bitch face down. She's super mean but has a VERY soft spot for her twin brother. Get what I'm saying? Ew. But it makes the show very interesting!! And now the product of their incest is the king. Drama!





Tyrion Lannister, is the dwarf brother of the "queen of incest" and is now the hand of the king. Very important position. Let me clarify, this is not the brother she's hooking up with. But honestly, he steals the show. He's a witty, drunk, womanizer that lightens up the dark scenes in the castles with his humor. He even won an Emmy for season one. He was the highlight of last night's season premiere as well.

My next fav Daenerys started out as a sweet, little, delicate flower of a girl who just wanted to help her brother become king. Emilia Clarke plays this role and she is a gorgeous person. Breathtaking.
So sweet. So innocent. 
Well. Things have changed! She had an arranged marriage with a beast of a man and long story short, this girl just birthed a few dragons so she's changed a bit.

Don't mess with her. 
Not too sure where that's going or if I will like it but of course I'm going to be watching obsessively. I strongly suggest giving season one of Game of Thrones a chance. I'm not going to lie, I sometimes have to go online to read the episode recaps so that I can keep up with all the kingdom and war stuff. But it's only because I am too distracted by the hot Stark boys, the incest, and these crazy dragons she's carrying around.



No comments:

Post a Comment