Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Weekend

We are headed to Athens, Georgia this morning! I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 Athens is a happy place for Cameron and I. Both my sister Sally and bff Paige live there and my parents are driving up for the weekend. Athens is such a fun place to visit. There are so many places to eat, drink, and shop. It's like Oxford on steroids. We will get there sometime this afternoon and will hopefully head straight to Terrapin Brewery depending on the weather. We try to plan every trip to Athens around Thursday afternoon at Terrapin. You can bring your pups, taste the different beers, and get a free Terrapin glass. I love free stuff!


Paige & Cam at Terrapin last summer


 We are going to Atlanta on Saturday to visit the High Museum and see the Picasso to Warhol exhibit.  I just love doing touristy things. Visiting museums and seeing famous art exhibits are things that my parents, Sally and I have been doing since we were little girls. My parents loved taking us to museums on most of our family vacations. I'm thrilled to be able to share this tradition with Cameron. Maybe we will continue the tradition when we have kids. While in Atlanta, I am hoping to stop by Flip Burger and eat everything. Burger, sweet potato tots, vodka battered onion rings, and a Nutella & burnt marshmallow shake.

Um yeah and it's made with liquid nitrogen and is brought out to you literally smoking. 
  
 
Saturday afternoon, we are going to the Georgia Aquarium, the world's largest. I can't wait to see how big it is and watch my mom freak out at the jellyfish. Huge phobia. We are eating Easter lunch at Hugh Acheson's (Top Chef Master's contestant and highly awarded chef) restaurant 5 & 10 in Athens. My family The Hackel's, are major foodies. We just love to eat. Sally, my sister and Cam are definitely part of the "love to eat" group but they can be very finicky eaters. I can't wait to see what they choose from the menu.


It is going to be a fabulous weekend with great friends, family, and new puppies meeting each other. I love celebrating Easter. It's very special to me. I hope that you ALL have a very happy & blessed Easter!!





No comments:

Post a Comment