Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lily Pulitzer

Lilly Pulitzer passed away this week. 
So sad to lose such a visionary and inspiration.
I wrote this post last week before she died. Kind of weird.
Lilly Pulitzer, herself was truly a fashion icon who started with nothing but oranges...

literally.

Amazing story...



"Soon she was selling more dresses than juice."

Lilly Pulitzer the clothing label was born. The "classic shift dress" shot to international fame and demand when Lilly's old schoolmate Jacqueline Kennedy née Bouvier, now the First Lady, was photographed wearing a "Lilly" while on vacation. "Jackie wore one of my dresses – it was made from kitchen curtain material – and people went crazy. They took off like zingo. Everybody loved them, and I went into the dress business." –Essentially Lilly, A Guide to Colorful Entertaining


Honestly, I love a Lilly dress. I really do.

I know it's very fitting for the Ole Miss/preppy part of me.

But the rest of me is like "Are you sure you want to wear that?"

I just love the shapes and prints of the brand.

It's happy clothing.

While the shapes are still very retro, the brand does a great job of updating the "Lilly look" to feel more modern and current.

Right now, you can see how the designers combined the current neon trend with classic Lilly Pulitzer shapes and styles.

Love that they always stay true to Lilly's original style.

Here are my favorites from this season.

These dresses fun, fresh, and scream Southern wedding.

Who doesn't love a 60's look?

I know Rachel Zoe and I do.

So...

I'll take one of each.

If y'all are buying...


lilly pulitzer


1/2/3/4/5/6

No comments:

Post a Comment