Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nutella S'mores Bars

Absolutely delicious.

I loooooove s'mores but don't love having to have a fire to make them.
 Using a microwave just isn't the same to me.

Nutella S'mores Bars = Problem Solved

Pretty easy and kind of different type of treat than what would I usually make. 

I doubled the recipe so that I would have enough to share with family and friends.
Don't let the pics confuse you. 

Here's what you need:

1/2 cup Butter, softened
1/4 Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 1/3 cups Flour
3/4 Graham Cracker crumbs
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Nutella
7 oz Marshmallow Cream/Fluff


1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

2. Grease an 8x8 pan. I used a Pyrex and greased it with butter.

3. Add the butter and both sugars to a mixer. Mix together.


4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the mixer and beat until well combined.


 5. Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt to the mixer. Beat until all of the ingredients are well incorporated.

*To make the graham cracker crumbs, I simply put a handful of the crackers into a Ziploc and beat it on the cabinet. 


6. Take half of the dough and press it into the bottom of your greased pan. 
I used my fingers.



7. Spread the cup of Nutella over the dough. 
Spreading Nutella is not very easy so you have been forwarned. 


Try not to let feisty spaniels knock you over while cooking.  


8. Carefully "spread" the marshmallow cream.
Here's a tip: Marshmallow cream does not spread well. Or at all really.
I just kind of "dolloped" the marshmallow fluff on top of the Nutella layer and tried to connect the dollops.
Just do the best you can :)


9. Top the fluff with the remaining dough. I flattened my dough out into smaller pieces with my hands and then laid it on top.

Then I just pieced them together like a puzzle.

Much easier!



10. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins.


Let it cool for a LONG time before cutting it into bars. The fluff takes a while to cool completely and will make your bars very messy if you cut it too soon. 


They were gone in TWO days. TWO days people! 

They are the answer to my s'more cravings.

yum.yum.yum.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment