Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chess Squares

First time making these and they have been a hit so far!

I asked Cameron what dessert I should make to take to the beach this weekend.

He suggested chess squares. I had never made them before. I was reluctant because I don't usually like to test out recipes on a crowd. 

But I went ahead with, found an easy recipe, and here we are!

Here's what you need:

1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
3 Eggs
1-8 oz. Block of Cream Cheese
1 Stick of  Melted Butter
4 Cups Powdered Sugar


1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Grease your pan. 

2. Add the cake mix, melted butter, and one egg to your mixer. Mix until dough forms.


3. Use your fingers to press the dough into the pan. 


4. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 2 remaining eggs. Mix until well blended.

I could of just stopped here and ate this stuff. 

Pour it on top of the crust.


Bake for 45-50 minutes. Mine took a little longer but I think it's because I had two pans in my oven. 


Allow the squares to cool completely! Let them sit longer than you would normally think to.

Delicious!

Easy!

Cheap!


Holla!


No comments:

Post a Comment