Thursday, March 28, 2013

Favorite "Low" Calorie Lunch

Lately, Cameron and I have been starting our mornings with a healthy smoothie.
Quick, good for you, and a great way to begin your day on the right track.

BUT...

A little after lunchtime, I am hungry and want something warm.

I recently purchased a stove-top grill pan. Obsessed.

Now I'm a grilling machine.

I grilled chicken a bunch of chicken strips earlier in the week.

I shredded about two ounces of chicken but I think I only used about 1 1/2 ounces.
Weighed it with my kitchen scale.


I put the shredded chicken on top a whole wheat tortilla.


I top it with a 1/4 of a cup of low-fat, shredded Monterrey jack cheese.


Then I put it in a skillet that's been heated to medium-high. I use one of the tops to a pot to melt the cheese and kind of get everything going.

Once the cheese has melted, I place a tortilla on top. 


I frequently check the bottom to see if it's getting brown and crispy.
I flip it once the bottom looks good.


Cook the other side to your liking.


I eat it with two tablespoons of Frontera salsa and low-fat sour cream.


OOOMG. yum.

It's the perfect warm lunch to keep me going.
It's just enough to fill me up but not drag me down.

It's becoming a daily thing.

In love with a semi-healthy quesadilla...

No comments:

Post a Comment