Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Leisel Dip and My Mom's Sangria

My friend Leisel posted a pic of this dip on instagram and it looked amazing!
 I messaged her for the recipe before we left for Islamorada thinking that it would be so refreshing after a day in the sun. 

I was right. 
This dip was so good and only got better the longer it was in refrigerator. My parents kept asking me what is was called and I had no idea. So we now refer to it as "Leisel Dip".




Here's what you need:

2 cans of White Shoepeg corn
1 package of shelled Edamame
1/2 of a purple Onion, diced or minced
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
Cilantro, to taste
4 Limes, squeezed
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt, to taste





As Leisel says "all chopped up and mixed together. It's the best dip!"

And I agree! It was delicious and SO easy!



It went perfectly with Tostitos & my Mom's sangria!


Here's what you need for the sangria:
Jug Sangria

Triple Sec or whatever orange liquor you prefer
Orange Juice
Oranges, Lemons, Limes
Club Soda or Ginger Ale




1. For one jug of sangria, add one cup Triple Sec and one cup Orange Juice. It is best if it is mixed the day before.



Mom making sangria for family after Julia's shower



2. Add whatever sliced fruit you desire. My mom likes oranges in her sangria. I like to add lemons and limes too because it looks pretty. 

3. Allow the sangria to refrigerate for at least one day. You don't HAVE to do this but it's def better this way.

4. Add Club Soda or Ginger Ale to the sangria right before serving it.


Mom's Sangria in Islamorada


These may seem like summer recipes but I know that this sangria goes well with any Mexican food and would be perfect for a Mexican themed football party.

I think "Leisel Dip" would be just perfect for any tailgate! 





1 comment: