Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. We have been on the road nonstop. I feel like a gypsy.

So happy to be home for at least one weekend. 

It's starting to feel like fall around here and I''m loving it. 
I always feel fall is one the best time for a crock pot. 

I pulled ours out yesterday to make this delicious but oh-so simple dish.


Here's what you need:



For the Rub:
2 pound Pork Loin
1 teaspoon Ground Sage
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 clove Garlic, chopped  (I didn't any real garlic so I used garlic powder and it was fine.)
1/2 cup water




Combine all of these ingredients minus the water and rub them on the Pork Loin.
Add the Pork Loin and the water to the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I cooked mine on high. Whoops.

For the Glaze:

1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce



Combine all of these ingredients into a small saucepan.
Heat and stir until the glaze begins to thicken. 
Took my glaze about 3-4 mins.

About 4 hours into cooking

I brushed the glaze onto the Pork Loin every 15 minutes during the last hour of cooking.



Because I cooked mine on high it was SO tender.



Like, it fell apart when I was taking it out of the crock pot. You didn't even really need a knife to cut it at all.

Cam and I REALLY enjoyed it this way. Would be perfect for a sandwich.



So good.

Here's the link to original recipe.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Susannah,

    Every meal that I make from your posts is a hit. I made this last night - it was perfect. Thank you for this blog! I typically don't read blogs but I love yours!

    Sara Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! I'm glad you like it! I really appreciate your support!

      Delete