Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Healthy & Easy "Pasta"

When I ran across Maggie's recipe for veggie noodles on her precious blog Spice, I honestly said to myself "that's what healthy people eat, I wouldn't like that."

I have a hate-hate relationship with health food and people that are all about healthy eating.

I judge them for being so nit picky about what they eat. Then I resent myself for gorging or eating something soooo unhealthy and ask why I can't be more responsible about what I eat?

It's like when I see a couple running on a Saturday morning. I think "Oh well they didn't go out last night! They can't be fun."

Then I start thinking "Omg I'm a judgmental loser! WE need to run! I need to run! Hey Cam! Let's go running!"


So I decided to try Maggie's noodles.


I made them to go with one of my fave stand-by recipes, Turkey meatballs



Wash & dry a large carrot, squash, and zucchini. 

Use this gadget, a julienne peeler to slice the veggies into "pasta noodles"

I bought mine at Bed Bath & Beyond






Saute the veggies in a skillet with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. 


I know that Maggie is an amazing chef but I did not expect to love the veggie noodles as much as I did.

I didn't even think to take a picture before I started eating. I just dove in!

They are soooo delicious! 


I even got Cameron to eat a bite. He agreed that they were awesome and didn't have a strong veggie flavor.

Don't forget he's "Mr. I'm not eating anything green or that I haven't already eaten before."


I have used veggie noodles three times since the first time I made them.

They are SO good and don't make you feel heavy like eating a big bowl of pasta can. .

I just can't tell you enough how good they are.

Try them out for youself!








No comments:

Post a Comment