Monday, August 11, 2014

Road Trip

Just me, Cam, Posey, Gus (dog), Rosie (dog), and a car packed to the gills.

We are hitting the road in a week or so to travel to Amelia Island, Waycross, and Atlanta.

We have taken the little one to Oxford for a few nights but other than that no long distance car rides.

We are also in the process of transitioning her from sleeping in a Rock n Play Sleeper with a swaddle to a crib with no swaddle.

Goodbye Rock n Play. I will seriously miss you and that once tiny little chicken that slept in it all bundled up, directly next to my side of the bed. Like touching the bed. I like her close.

Cross your fingers for this crib thing.

What this means for our trip is that we will also need a travel crib/pack n play/play yard .

I've already ordered some things that will maybe make this trip a little easier. Hopefully? Please, God?



Maxi Cosi Pria Convertible Car Seat

We will eventually need a car seat like this so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

It's made of a super comfortable fabric. I've read tons of reviews and almost all agree that the fabric helps keep your babe cool.

It easily reclines so that she will me more comfy while sleeping. 

Your baby won't be as constricted in this seat as opposed to a normal infant carrier seat.

I've already posted about P not loving the comfort or temperature of her infant seat so I figured this had to be a better option for keeping her happy on a looooong car ride. 

And it's pink.




Nuna Sena and Nuna Sena Mini

After MUCH research, I finally decided on the Nuna Sena. 

I chose it based on it's size, convenience, and safety.

Size: Posey can use the Nuna Sena until she is 3 years old. It can also serve as a playpen. 

Convenience: I watched several youtube videos on travel cribs. This one is the only one I found that can collapse with the upper cot in the frame. Some don't even have an upper cot. 

You can also fold it with just one hand. 

It's lightweight and easily folds into a bag. 

Safety: I loved that there is no plastic wall on the sides of the Nuna Sena. Just mesh all the way to the bottom. Very safe.

I was seriously considering the Bjorn travel cribs but they have a 6 inch wall of some sort of not very breathable material all around the sides. Didn't look safe to me at all. Many reviewers shared that opinion. 
Babies 'R' Us On-the-Go Diapering Station

This is just my opinion, so don't freak out on me.

I really don't like changing Posey's diaper in a public restroom of any kind. Restaurants are different. They don't bother me. 

My first experience public restroom diaper changing was not pleasant.
The changing table in the restroom was gross and flimsy. I had to lift my knee up into the air and hold it underneath the thing to steady it. 

 I know that I will have to do it from time to time. But I still bought this so I won't have to while on the road.




They may all be totally useless and a waste of money but who knows...

I will buy pretty much anything to make this 10 hour road trip not take us three days.

Wish us luck! 





No comments:

Post a Comment