Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday's Must Have

I cannot explain to you how much I love roasted garlic. When we go to Newk's, I fill three of the little cups with roasted garlic to later top my pizza with.

It's odd. I am aware. 

You can use roasted garlic in many dishes as well as on a meat and cheese platter.

It's just a good thing to know how to do. 

Here's what you need:

2 Heads of Garlic
Aluminum Foil
Good Olive Oil
Muffin Pan



1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel away the outer layers of the garlic so you can see each individual clove of garlic and leave them intact.


3. With a sharp knife, trim off the tops of the cloves leaving them exposed. Mine kind of fell apart. Oh well. Repeat steps 2 & 3 on the second head of garlic. 


4. Place two pieces of aluminum foil into the muffin pan. Add the garlic and cover generously with the olive oil. 


5. Wrap the garlic in the aluminum foil. 


6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.


7. Once the time is up, remove the pan from the oven. With an oven mit, unwrap the garlic and let it cool.


8. Once cool, take it out of the aluminum foil and put it on a plate or cutting board. There are several ways of getting your garlic out of the skin easily. Some people cut the skin or just peel it away.

I like to pick up each one individually and push it out of the open end of the clove.


Easy Peasy.

YUMMMMMMMMMM


I eat all of this and then Cam is just DYING to kiss me.

HA




No comments:

Post a Comment